* Note to anyone that may have been influenced by a recent YouTube video claiming that Facebook advertising delivers fake likes/click. We personally use Facebook advertising for FlyerCo and I use it for other personal projects as well. Facebook advertising is amazing.
Over 1.32 Billion monthly active users [source]
829 million people log onto Facebook daily [source]
The most common reason for a Facebook user uniking a brand is having uninterested posts [source] – Second most reason is too many posts.
The average time spent on Facebook is 21 minutes [source]
An average active Facebook user has 130 friends [source]
Key Take Aways & Tips:
- Facebook has the most innovative advertising platform in the world and they’re always trying to improve it. This in my opinion, makes it the best place to send advertising money. Although Google has ‘intent’, the possibilities with Facebook are a lot higher especially when comparing the ad costs to Google
- Although there is a heated debate about Facebook pages not valuable due to their reach being limited, at the end of the day there are many businesses using their Facebook fan page as a main source of business. If it’s working for them, it can work for you.
- You can use Facebook as a source for real estate testimonials
- Post content other than listings. People love to know what’s going on in their community, become a community guide.
- Focus on growing your local community and don’t buy fake likes. Fan counts are worthless if they’re not engaged.
- The most effective way to grow your Facebook page is through ads