Everyone wants to be a winner. Here’s a list of 29 things a winner never does (and neither should you).
1. Winners don’t make excuses for their mistakes. They learn and grow.
2. Winners don’t whine when things don’t go their way. They work on figuring it out.
3. Winners don’t copy what other people are doing to be successful. They do their own thing.
4. Winners don’t stay down on the ground when they fall. They come back stronger.
5. Winners don’t shirk from the hard work that success demands. They sweat, fight and bleed.
6. Winners don’t adopt the thinking of the status quo. They think for themselves.
7. Winners don’t ignore their own weaknesses and bad habits. They fix them.
8. Winners don’t pretend they’re perfect. They’re maniacally focused on improving.
9. Winners don’t look down on others who aren’t winners. They push them toward greater achievement.
10. Winners don’t overlook the details that drive better results. They are deliberate about being better.
11. Winners don’t care that other people aren’t encouraging them. They find inner motivation.
12. Winners don’t spend time correcting everyone else’s perceptions about them. They focus on being awesome.
13. Winners don’t run faster than their support team can keep up. They’re team players.
14. Winners don’t let money make them arrogant or take stupid risks. They stay financially disciplined.
17. Winners don’t try to be good at everything at the same time. They do one thing well at a time.
18. Winners don’t give up when things get tough. They do the hard things that success demands.
19. Winners don’t listen to the doubters, critics or skeptics. They stay mentally disciplined.
20. Winners don’t participate in mediocre activities. They focus their energy on activities that matter.
21. Winners don’t gossip, gab or talk badly about other people. They’re kind.
22. Winners don’t forget to follow up and follow through on what they have promised. They deliver.
23. Winners don’t think about defeat or success as final. They continue to set bigger goals.
24. Winners don’t blame other people for their own mistakes. They take responsibility for lives.
25. Winners don’t become complacent about past success. They push themselves each day.
26. Winners don’t let current chaos distract them from future success. They get things done regardless.
27. Winners don’t put their egos ahead of achieving epic results. They work on staying humble.
28. Winners don’t lose sight of why they’re doing what they’re doing. They stay inspired.
29. Winners don’t think of themselves as anything other than winners. They reject negativity.
Improve your chances of success by adopting these winning mental habits.