Democrats threaten to abandon Obama over health law, and more morning readsNovember 14, 2013, 7:46 AM Getty ImagesA growing number of House Democrats are warning the White House they may support a bill that would allow Americans to keep their existing health coverage through 2014 without penalties, the New York Times reports. President Barack Obama’s administration opposes the legislation, saying it would undermine the Affordable Care Act.Meanwhile, economist Dean Baker’s blog has a piece rebutting a Washington Post columnist’s claim that “Obamacare is in much more trouble than it was a week ago.”Read more about ‘Obamacare’: California state exchange outdrawing federal health exchange | Why hardly anyone has signed up for ObamacareIt’s three years away, but the 2016 presidential primaries will have the Republican Party’s strongest group of contenders since Ronald Reagan, anti-tax activist Grover Norquist predicts, as reported by Politico.Thanks a lot, Edward Snowden. Reuters reports U.S. technology companies including Cisco Systems Inc. and IBM Corp. are facing unprecedented difficulty selling their goods and services in China, as fallout from the U.S. spying scandal takes a toll.Remember the government shutdown’s lawnmower man? That’s Chris Cox of Mt. Pleasant, S.C., who voluntarily mowed grass on the National Mall during the 16-day shutdown. ABC News reports he was back in Washington being honored for his efforts, and one reward is an enormous chainsaw.– Robert Schroeder
My Recent Posts
- Delaying Retirement?
- 5 Tips to Make 2018 the Best Year Yet
- Snow News
- Learn how to build muscles as quickly as possible.
- What insurance agents and Realtors need to know about winter flood risks
- Add These Tasks to your To-Do List
- 3 Factors Threatening the Nursing Home Liability Market
- Why Your Employees’ Driving Record Can Be a Reflection on Your Company
- Lower Health Plan Expenses and Reduce Liabilities
- Coinsurance and Blanket Limits in Commercial Property Insurance
Today in History