When a disability insurance policy is offered through an employer, it can be a wonderful employee benefit as well as a tool for employment recruiting and employee retention. Steve and Marcy discuss how DI can assist employers in protecting their key personnel and/or highly paid individuals. Many times when group long-term disability insurance is in place, a reverse discrimination occurs due to long-term disability limits. Steve and Marcy also touch upon the many riders and features that may be added to a long-term DI policy, such as the residual benefit rider and the cost of living adjustment (COLA) rider. Also mentioned in this episode is the taxability component of long-term disability policies on both individual and group plans.
My Recent Posts
- Fractional Ownership
- Can your driving habits save you money?
- Using Facebook for Real Estate
- Life Insurance and Medical History Facts That You Don’t Know
- How To Improve The Value Of Your Home In 5 Easy Steps
- Uses of life insurance for agricultural families
- How to Get Your Offer Accepted
- Homeowners Insurance vs. Landlord Insurance
- Moving Fast On Your Offers in This Market
- Apple gets in the Self-Driving World
Today in History