When a disability insurance policy is offered through an employer, it can be a wonderful employee benefit as well as a tool for employment recruiting and employee retention. Steve and Marcy discuss how DI can assist employers in protecting their key personnel and/or highly paid individuals. Many times when group long-term disability insurance is in place, a reverse discrimination occurs due to long-term disability limits. Steve and Marcy also touch upon the many riders and features that may be added to a long-term DI policy, such as the residual benefit rider and the cost of living adjustment (COLA) rider. Also mentioned in this episode is the taxability component of long-term disability policies on both individual and group plans.
My Recent Posts
- 5 Tips to Make 2018 the Best Year Yet
- Snow News
- Learn how to build muscles as quickly as possible.
- What insurance agents and Realtors need to know about winter flood risks
- Add These Tasks to your To-Do List
- 3 Factors Threatening the Nursing Home Liability Market
- Why Your Employees’ Driving Record Can Be a Reflection on Your Company
- Lower Health Plan Expenses and Reduce Liabilities
- Coinsurance and Blanket Limits in Commercial Property Insurance
- An Attitude of Success
Today in History