When a disability insurance policy is offered through an employer, it can be a wonderful employee benefit as well as a tool for employment recruiting and employee retention. Steve and Marcy discuss how DI can assist employers in protecting their key personnel and/or highly paid individuals. Many times when group long-term disability insurance is in place, a reverse discrimination occurs due to long-term disability limits. Steve and Marcy also touch upon the many riders and features that may be added to a long-term DI policy, such as the residual benefit rider and the cost of living adjustment (COLA) rider. Also mentioned in this episode is the taxability component of long-term disability policies on both individual and group plans.
My Recent Posts
- Top 100 P&C Groups – 2016
- 15 Cities where rent has increased in 2017
- What happens when a renter dies on the property….
- Best and Worst States for Life Expectancy
- Insurance Call Centers
- Fort Lauderdale Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate and Cannabis
- Golden Bear Plaza has SOLD for $62.3 million
- Who’s leading in Commercial Auto? Workers’ Comp? Cybersecurity?
- Universal Life Sales up 64%
Today in History